Contract Research Services
Proxima’s greatest asset is our well-equipped laboratories and extensive expertise in biochemistry that allow us to deploy a wide range of customizable assays and to support your biotechnology research.
Given virtually any biomolecule, Proxima can design or implement an assay to detect and quantify it, a procedure to isolate and purify it, or a method to synthesize it. Moreover, we specialize in creating high-throughput and low-cost methodologies for biomolecule detection and quantitation based on established or novel methods.
Proxima can isolate, culture, maintain, and archive nearly any kind of microorganism and can extract, sequence, and analyze DNA, RNA, protein, or other biomolecules. We have expertise in extraction and analysis of DNA, RNA, and Protein from plant, animal, fungal, bacterial, and environmental sources and are experts at developing novel genotyping and phenotyping assays.
Proxima provides top-notch expertise in genetics and bioinformatics to address multiple common or unique needs. We specialize in the affordable development of custom qPCR-based assays which allow detection and quantification of target organisms in a wide variety of sample matrices without the need for expensive high-throughput or next generation sequencing.
We also offer beginning-to-end services for microbiome profiling including sample preparation, NGS sequencing, and back-end bioinformatic analyses. Our custom genotyping and SNP analysis methodologies allow rapid and inexpensive monitoring of genotypes in the context of plant or animal breeding programs as well as in environmental samples. Proxima also has expertise in methods for chromatin conformation capture.
Proxima can assist you with your biotechnology and genetics project planning and execution needs. Technical reports and materials prepared by Proxima have been used by our clients in successful regulatory submissions to Health Canada and the FDA, and we have expertise in preparation of the technical portion of SR&ED claims.
In addition, Proxima can perform experiments in mammalian cell culture models including subsequent Western blot and qPCR analyses. Proxima also specializes in all aspects fluorescent microscopy experiments including fixation, processing, sectioning, labelling, and imaging of culture cells, formalin-fixed and paraffin embedded tissues, and in yeast and other microorganisms.
- Translation services for scientific papers, technical reports, and regulatory findings translated to or from English, French, Spanish, Mandarin, or Hindi by scientifically experienced native speakers
- Contract research project consultation and execution in protein purification, biochemistry, biotechnology and genetics
- Assistance with technical portions of SR&ED applications
- Preparation of technical reports, data analyses, and literature reviews suitable for in-house use or for regulatory submissions
- Preparation of Safety Data Sheets, Product Labels, formulation, and pilot scale manufacturing of household and industrial products in accordance with the Food and Drugs Act, Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act, Hazardous Products Act, and the Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- Mycoplasma testing of mammalian cell cultures
- Mammalian cell culture experiments and analysis by Western blot and qPCR
- Development of analytical strategies for small molecules, proteins, and biopolymers including NMR, GC/LC-MS, and development of custom colorimetric and fluorometric enzyme assays
- Custom synthesis of organic chemicals
- Fluorescence microscopy experiments in mammalian or yeast cells including all steps of culture, sample preparation, imaging, and analysis.
- Plant, animal, and microorganism species identification and verification
- High-throughput analyses of environmental samples for key indicator organisms or classes of organisms
- Low-cost species quantification of multiple microorganisms in environmental samples at species, genus, or family level
- Microbiome and microbial community profiling services, including sample preparation, sequencing, and bioinformatic analyses
- Custom genotyping and SNP-detection analyses
- Advice and consultation on design and interpretation of microbiome analysis projects
- Bioinformatic analyses of your previously obtained datasets
- Mammalian cell culture experiments with transcriptomic analyses including culture, treatments, sample preparation, sequencing, and bioinformatic analysis
- Transcriptome and genome sequencing of diverse organisms including culture, sample preparation, sequencing, and bioinformatic analysis.
- Chromosome conformation capture and Hi-C including culture, treatment, sample preparation, sequencing, qPCR and/or NGS sequencing, and data analysis.
Newsletter sign up
Get Proxima Research and Development’s insights and commentary delivered to your inbox.